Monday, November 20, 2006

REMEMBER THE BILL OF RIGHTS? That small attachment to the Constitution of the United States? I watched in horror this weekend as a student in a library was tasared by Kampus Kops. Not a gang member with an outstanding search warrant trying to elude officers and struggling whilst being restrained as seen earlier in the week. The bile rose in my throat as I watched the clip over and over again.

How many such incidents happen each week unreported? I had always been of the inclination that 'camera-phones' were a novelty item, cool... but of little practical use. I stand corrected by the gods of technology once again. I awaited for the roar of indignant campus students but wasn't really surprised when I finally saw a small blurb showing a small force of students protesting the event. For I knew where the balance of the student body was...I'd already had seen them, awaiting the arrival of this year's newest and bestest game machines. Mobs in the streets, police with batons, robberies. Good television, thus good press for the greedy hucksters of said machines. The youth were there en masse.

I commend the quick-thinking student that caught the Kop abuse in the act. Thugs in uniform need to be exposed, and eliminated. Tyranny has many forms and can be found in all levels of government.

To those of you who stood in corporate-sponsored lines and mobs I have this:

Baaaaaa.............

No comments: