Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WE ACTUALLY SHOULD HAVE A STATEWIDE THANKSGIVING this year thanks to I'm -going-to-take-the-money-and-run Education Commissioner Bob Corkins. A sign that a semblance of sanity was returning to that institution. I understand that the Board was planning to reinstate the Copernican Universe to the curriculum also.....now maybe my sundial will function again.

But Bob Corkins saw the writing on the wall. (Biblical pun intended.) Unlike Senator Sam Brownback whose cat is out of his cellophane bag. It only took two weeks for this nugget of news to make CNN on Tuesday. I like the catchy mumblings out of that camp, something to the effect of 'It's time for a real conservative leader.....the last election proved it'. Salvador Dali-esque logic at its finest. Sort of like bringing in Hank Kissinger to run a war. Now the hard question must be asked....Should we really send this man back to the Senate to represent us?

And with the good news and the belly laughs came this chilling gem: The Commandant of the Marine Corps says that the Corps is stretched to it's limit.

Chew on that. I plan to as I travel east to the feast in the glacier hills.

No comments: