Thursday, December 21, 2006

HOWL? I AM NOW GRIPPED IN THE THROES OF A VISCOUS PRIMORDIAL SCREAM that threatens to become a roar of rage. Is there no shame? This President, who hasn't even had the common decency to attend a funeral of a fallen warrior has the gall to insist upon more troops in spite of Generals, Blue-Ribbon panels and the public. And I do mean spite. It's the saddest display of a dry-drunk that I've ever seen.

We must intervene for the lives of the troops and now for the sake of the nation. I have written my esteemed Representatives concerning this matter. We must write, fax, call once a day. I fear that our President is delusional in his quest for personal glory and that his hench-persons (the Secretary of State and the Vice President) are not far behind him, if not in fact, acting as stereo Iagos, spewing poison consul into his ear.

I have learned several things during the past 48 hours: 1) My computer ignorance is far greater than I had originally thought 2) The congressmen not of my districts cheerfully would not accept my e-mails. So now I have to pull out the Big Game Rifle, that monster computer that I have complete with the super-duper fax/copier/printer/dishwasher. It has remained off-line since I've possessed it due to my fear of crashing it. For if they will not accept my e-mail, then by G. Washington's wig they'll get the fax. 3) Here is a good site to find e-mail/fax numbers: http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html ( Hey, I did it!)

In retrospect, it crossed my mind that perhaps a delegation of Governors descending upon the White House wouldn't be a bad idea also. Sort of a two pronged attack as it were. I found this site that covers Gubernatorial addresses : http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/govemail.html.

I humbly offer the following letter to plagiarize at will :

Dear Honorable Sir:

It is with dire urgency that I send this missive concerning the state of the Union which I perceive as being in peril. The recent events of the past five days have forced me to this conclusion. Therefore as my duly elected representative, I implore you to meet as a Kansas delegation and convene on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave as soon as possible to persuade the President from the folly of sending more troops into the quagmire that is Iraq.

That the generals in both the Pentagon and Iraq all ascertain that the Army “ is broken” and the Marine Corps “ cannot respond” is scary at best.
That the President refuses to listen and insists on deploying more troops thus further weakening our Armed Forces borders on criminal.
That continuing upon such a disastrous course could, I fear, lead to a constitutional crisis.

Perhaps State delegations descending upon the White House could be persuasive. Take the lead.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely

Now as the sun rises on this gray solstice -day of 2006 I await the opening of the electronics store for the proper hardware. I wish to thank everyone for thier kind comments and help. Oh yes, and have a bloody good Christmas!

No comments: